1 Event Name
Okayama Marathon 2018(OKAYAMA MARATHON 2018)
2 Organising Body
Okayama Marathon Planning Committee Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) Okayama
3 Event Management
Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) Okayama
4 Supporting Bodies
Okayama Prefectural Board of Education, Okayama City Board of Education
5 Date and Time
Sunday, 11th November, 2018 (No postponement for rain) 8:45 Marathon/Fun run start 9:45 Fun run finish(Gates at the 5.0km mark close) 14:45 Marathon (Gates at the 41.6km mark close)
6 Competition Regulations
The races will be conducted in accordance with the 2018financial year rules and regulations set forth by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF), and the rules and regulations set forth for this event.
(1) Marathon (42.195km)
The course will start from the front of the Okayama Prefectural Multipurpose Grounds Gymnasium (Zip Arena Okayama), and finish at the Okayama Prefectural Multipurpose Grounds Athletics Stadium (City Light Stadium). *The course submitted to JAAF for official recognition.
(2) Fun run (5.6km)
The course will start from the Okayama Prefectural Multipurpose Grounds (Zip Arena Okayama) ,and finish at the Okayama Prefectural Multipurpose Grounds Athletics Stadium (City Light Stadium).
8 Event; Category; Entry Fee; Eligibility; Entrants
|Event||Marathon (42.195km)||Fun Run (4.5km)|
|Category||1.Registered runners (JAAF registered athletes)
|Eligibility||Individuals born before 1 April 2000 and able to complete the run within the time limit||Individuals born before 1 April 2006 and able to complete the run within the time limit|
- *Wheel chairs cannot be used in either the marathon or fun run.
- *Individuals with disabilities (and who are carrying their physical disability or rehabilitation certificate) who have difficulty participating solo are able to enter with an escort runner. Participants cannot run with guide dogs.
- *Marathon times will be recorded via an automatic timekeeping system utilising a timing chip.
- *The fun run is not a competitive event and aims only to allow entrants to enjoy running. As such, times will not be recorded and prizes will not be awarded.
9 Time Limit and Checkpoints
(1) Marathon: 6 hours (at the 41.6 km mark)
(2) Fun run: 1 hour (at the 5.0km mark)
- *The time limit for both marathon and fun run will be measured from the firing of the starter’s gun.
- *Cut-off times are set at each checkpoint due to limitations of traffic control/security in event operation. Be aware that runners who do not reach the checkpoints before the cut-off times will be disqualified. In this case, please board a bus either at the checkpoint or at the tail of the race, following the instructions of the event staff. Participants who miss cut-off times not only for checkpoints, but also for other points by significant margins, will be disqualified.
- *The cut-off times, location and numbers of checkpoints are subject to change.
|Checkpoint Name||Distance||Cut-off time||Time Limit|
|Gate #1||4.6km||9:38 am||53 min|
|Checkpoint Name||Distance||Cut-off time||Time Limit|
|Gate #1||3.8km||9:32 am||47min|
|Final Gate||5.0km||9:45 am||1h|
10 Registration/Participation Award Presentation Time/Location
10:00-19:30 Saturday November 10th, 2018 (tentative)
Okayama Prefectural Multipurpose Grounds
- Registration will not be carried out on the day of the event (Sunday November 11th).
- Registration will not be carried out at any time other than that specified above.
- Those who did not register cannot participate.
- Please bring your ID to registration for an identity verification. Participants must come to registration themselves.
- Registration by proxy is allowed only in an inevitable condition that the participant cannot register him/herself .In this case, a letter of attorney must be presented along with an ID to verify the attorney is a rightful representative for the participating individual. Please bring all necessary documents and identification to registration.
- For entrants with a disability who will be participating with an escort runner, please be sure to be carrying your physical disability or rehabilitation certificate. Please register together with your escort runner.
- Registration for pair entries can be carried out individually, but participants may only register themselves.
11 Participation Award and Completion Award
All participants will be provided with an original event t-shirt as a participation award. Please state your t-shirt size upon application. Sizes are unable to be changed once the application has been concluded.
Participants who complete the marathon will receive a commemorative medal and towel. Participants who complete the fun run will receive a towel.
◎ T-shirt Sizes
Refer to the following table for t-shirt sizes when making application. [JASPO Standard]
*In cases where applications are made without a t-shirt size being nominated, males will be assigned M size, and females XS size.
12 Starting Line Up
- (1) In the interest of operating a safe and smooth race start, starting blocks will be set based on the declared time given at the time of application regardless of JAAF registration status. In the case of pair entries, starting blocks will be assigned separately based on each participant’s time. In the event that a time is not declared, the participant will be assigned to the rearmost starting block.
- (2) The fun run will start from the rearmost starting block.
|① Overall:||Awards will be presented to the top eight placing male and top eight placing female runners (The awards ceremony is the same day)|
|② Age Groups:||The top three placing male and top three placing female runners of each 5year age group (24 and below,25～29,30～34,35～39,40～44, 45～49,50～54,55～59,60～64,65～69, over 70) will be presented awards (award ceremony will not be carried out, and award certificates will be posted to place getters at a later date)|
(2) Fun run: Awards will not be presented for the fun run.
14 Personal Effects
The personal effects of marathon participants will be kept at the starting/finishing venue.
15 Accidents and J-Alert
In the event of an accident involving injured people and/or fires, emergency vehicles such as ambulances may enter the running course at any given time. Should the nationwide J-alert alarm warning system sound off during the marathon, remain calm and follow the event staffs’ instructions.
16 Handling of Personal Information
The organising body recognises the importance of personal information, and, in accordance with all applicable personal information protection laws, acts, etc., will handle personal information on the basis of its protection of personal information policies.
Personal information will be utilised with the aim of improving such services to event participants as the participant selection lottery, application guidance, notification of recorded times and related information, announcements for future marathon events, the provision of services from sponsors and cooperating and affiliated organisations, and result announcements.
*Applicants may receive communications from the organising body or call centre regarding the contents of their application.
- Event participants should carry out sufficient training prior to the event, should take responsibility for confirming their health condition through health checks etc., and should take all possible care to ensure they are in the best of health before participating.
- Special drinks will not be prepared or provided.
- Participants should not wear clothing/costumes that cause discomfort to others, are a danger, and are deemed inappropriate for sport events. It is prohibited to run with face paint, or items that cover the face such as masks. In addition, long and large objects such as swords and poles are not to be carried while running. Officials may ban you from participating on the day.
- The display or wearing on one’s body of designs or trademarks representing business or product names in the event venue (including throughout the course) for the purpose of advertising is prohibited.
3.Photo and Footage Copyright
- Event footage, photographs, articles, personal time results, etc. may be published for the purpose of advertisement in such forms as advertising material, including event programs and posters, or in/on television, radio, newspapers, magazines, or the internet by the organising body or a third party endorsed by the organising body. Furthermore, the organising body reserves the right to carry out consignment sales of photographs etc.
- As there is no parking available at the event venue, participants are asked to utilise public transport. The organising body takes no responsibility whatsoever for delays due to public transport or road conditions.
- To ensure the marathon operates smoothly and in a safe manner, non-piloted machines such as drones will be forbidden from use on the course and event venue, and within close proximity of the marathon.
- All other instructions regarding the event by the organising body should also be followed.